Maple Sage Butter Sauce with Walnuts for Pasta or Pierogi
Rated 5.0 stars by 1 users
- ½ cup butter room temperature
- 6 sage leaves
- 1 cup walnuts
- ½ cup maple syrup
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Sour Cream for serving with pierogi
- Fresh grated Parmesan for serving with pasta
- Fill a pot of water and salt - bring to a boil.
- Rough chop the sage and walnuts.
- In a large sauce pan melt the butter, add the walnuts and sage and bring to medium heat. Cook until the sage starts to crisp.
- Season with salt and pepper and add in the maple syrup.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta or pierogi.
- Once cooked, scoop the pasta or pierogi from the pot of boiling water to the saucepan with the maple sage butter sauce. Allow some of the hot pasta water into the sauce. Stir gently.
- Serve immediately with sour cream or Parmesan.