Maple Roasted Peach Ice Cream
Ice Cream Recipe
This is a luscious classic custard vanilla ice cream made even more delicious by adding sweet ripe peaches roasted with Ben’s Maple Cream. It takes a bit of time but so worth it.
- 4 soft ripe peaches
- 3 tablespoons Ben’s Maple Cream
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 cup whole milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 5 egg yolks
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- The custard and peaches will need to be chilled before churning in your ice cream maker, plan on this taking about 2 hours. Remember also to freeze the barrel of your ice cream maker a day ahead.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Peel, pit, and cut peaches in half.
- Butter or add parchment to a baking dish, set peaches in and smear with Ben’s Maple Cream. Roast in oven for 20-30 minutes until browned and soft.
- While peaches are roasting, combine the milk, salt, and half the sugar in a saucepan. Over medium heat bring to a simmer while stirring, do not boil. Remove from heat.
- Whisk together the egg yolks and a remaining sugar. Slowly add (while whisking) half of the hot milk mixture. Doing this too quickly will cook the eggs.
- Pour this mixture back into the saucepan with remaining hot milk/sugar, stirring. Simmer over medium heat about 3-5 minutes until thickened, continue stirring (a rubber spatula or wooden spoon works best). DO NOT BOIL.
- Remove from heat and let cool. Pour into a chilled bowl and refrigerate.
- Remove peaches from the oven and mash with a fork. Let cool. Setting in a bowl over ice will speed this up.
- Once your ingredients are cold and you are ready to churn the ice cream, add the whipping cream and vanilla to the custard.
- Pour the mixture int your ice cream maker and churn for 5-10 minutes add the peaches. Churn until the ice cream is thick.