This soul warming cocktail is a leap into the flavors of autumn! Whether you are feasting with friends or enjoying a night by the fire with the one you love, tucking into this riff on a classic will instantly bring a smile to your face and the images of brightly colored leaves to your mind. As you take that first sip, breathe deep. The aroma of maple and fire will fill your senses and the sip that follows will leave you searching for your favorite flannel. Enjoy!
RECIPE BY: MAREH BLEECKER
Maple Old Fashioned
- 2 oz Flag Hill Bourbon
- ½ oz Flag Hill Maple liqueur (Product of NH)
- ¼ oz Ben's 100% Pure Maple Syrup
- 2 dashes angostura Bitters
- 1 burnt Orange peel
Ben's Sugar Shack Maple Cotton Candy
- Ice for stirring +1 large ice cube for serving
- 1 double rocks glass
- Mixing Vessel
- Bar Spoon
- Cut a large slice of orange peel, being careful to only remove the bright orange zest.
- Use a lighter (or even a gas burner) to burn the edges of the peel until they just begin to shrink and blacken.
- Rub the peel around the rim of a glass (the oils in the orange zest will leave a beautiful flavor that will enhance your experience).
- Place the peel into the mixing pitcher or glass.
- Add ice to the pitcher.
- Measure out the remaining ingredients into the pitcher.
- Stir the cocktail until it is well chilled, then strain into the rocks glass over a large ice cube.
- Gently form maple cotton candy into a fluffy little cloud and place on top of the ice to serve!