This soul warmer is easy to put together and so delicious. Add some nuts for a little extra crunch!
Recipe by Mareh Bleecker.
Maple+Lemon Baked Oatmeal
This soul warmer is easy to put together and so delicious. Add some nuts for a little extra crunch! Serves 4-6. Recipe by Mareh Bleecker
- 2 cups Old-Fashioned Rolled Oats
- ½ cup Steel Cut Oats
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Lemon, zest+juice
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 Eggs
- 2 cups Milk
- 3 tbsp Butter
- ½ cup Maple Syrup
- Maple Sugar for sprinkling
- 2 cups Fruit (apples, pears, carrots, cherries or berries all work well!)
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- Butter a small baking dish.
- Combine the oats, lemon zest, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate container combine the milk, eggs, maple syrup, lemon juice and butter and whisk to form a custard.
- Add the oat mixture to the custard and stir until well combined.
- Add the fruit and pour into the buttered baking dish.
- Sprinkle with maple sugar and bake for 45 minutes until the oatmeal is set and slightly puffed.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Top with greek yogurt and a drizzle of maple syrup!