Maple Dalgona (Whipped) Coffee
A light, fluffy, whipped coffee, sweetened with maple syrup, served over warm or cold milk, the perfect treat for any coffee lover.
When I first saw Dalgona Coffee trending across social media, I just knew I had to give it a try. I was drawn to the golden, cloud-like fluff, floating atop an ice cold glass of milk. Made with equal parts of only three, simple ingredients and only requiring a couple of minutes of whipping time, it’s quicker and cheaper than driving to my local coffee shop for an iced coffee. Typically made with Instant coffee, boiling water, and sugar, I liked the idea of replacing the sugar with a more natural choice, maple syrup. The maple syrup enhances the coffee taste for a deeper, more robust flavor.
Now I understand what all the hype is about. Maple Dalgona Coffee is a smooth, velvety beverage, with an intense coffee flavor, giving you a coffeehouse experience right at home.
- 4 Tablespoons Instant (must be instant) Coffee
- 4 Tablespoons Boiling Water
- 4 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
- Milk of your choice
- Ice (If serving cold)
- Bonus add a sprinkle of Maple Sugar when serving
- In a medium bowl combine coffee, maple syrup, and boiling water.
- With a handheld mixer (or with a whisk if mixing by hand) mix for about 5 minutes, until the mixture turns golden, thickens, and holds soft peaks.
- Divide whipped coffee amongst several glasses of milk.
- Optional sprinkle with a dash of Maple Sugar.
- Gently combine whipped coffee, just slightly with milk.