Iced Maple Latte
If you do not know this trick for making coffee house style foamed milk for lattes and cappuccinos at home without a machine here it is!
Get a large jar with a lid such as a canning jar. The milk will double in size so a 16 oz jar or larger will work.
Whole milk works as does non-dairy but skim, 1%, and 2% seems to result in the most foam.
- Pour the milk into your jar.
- Tighten the lid and shake vigorously, about 30 seconds to a minute.
- Remove the lid and microwave the jar of frothy milk for 30 seconds, watching that it doesn’t overflow. This step can be omitted but it makes for more stable foam and warms it if you want your latte/cappuccino hot.
- To make your iced Maple Latte, pour strong (preferably room temperature or iced) coffee over ice in your glass or mug.
- Add maple syrup and stir to combine.
- Pour in the desired amount of frothed milk and top with foam.
- Sprinkle with Ben’s maple sugar and a drizzle of Ben’s pure Maple Syrup.
This works for hot lattes, just omit the ice cubes and use hot coffee (double strong coffee or espresso).
Standard Latte measurements are 1 part espresso: 3 parts milk.