Apple Cheddar Biscuits with Maple Cream Glaze
These flaky biscuits are studded with chunks of fresh apples and sharp cheddar cheese, creating a perfect harmony of tastes. Topped with Ben's decadent maple cream glaze, they make for a mouthwatering treat that's perfect for breakfast or as a tasty snack.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- ⅓ cup Ben’s Maple Syrup
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 10 tablespoons cold butter diced into small chunks, plus one for brushing
- 1 cup chopped apple
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup cold whole milk
- Ben’s Maple Cream for glaze
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl.
- Stir in the oats.
- With a pastry cutter or two knives cut butter into the dry ingredients. You should end up with pea sized clumps.
- Combine the maple syrup and the milk, add to the rest of the ingredients, and stir until just combined.
- On a floured surface pat together the mixture into 1 inch thickness.
- Fold the dough in thirds like you would fold a letter to put in an envelope. Repeat this two more times.
- With the dough flattened to a 1 inch thickness, use a biscuit cutter to cut out the rounds of dough. You can also use a knife to cut out the dough into squares.
- Set the biscuits onto the prepared baking sheet and brush the tops with melted butter.
- Bake the biscuits for about 15 minutes until the tops are golden brown.
- Remove the biscuits from the oven and while still hot spread maple cream on the tops.