Pancakes for 2
These pancakes are the perfect vehicle to carry any and ALL of your favorite maple toppings. If you want to try something new- whip ½ cup of room temperature, salted, butter with 3 tablespoons of maple syrup until the butt turns light and fluffy. You just upped your Breakfast game. Enjoy!
Makes about 6 large pancakes.
1 cup all-purpose Flour
1 cup Buttermilk
1 Large Egg
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
Warm Ben’s Sugar Shack Maple Syrup
Butter, room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees- to keep the pancakes warm.
- Preheat a griddle on medium low heat.
- In a large bowl whisk flour, baking soda, and salt together.
- In a smaller bowl whisk the egg and buttermilk together.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry. Use a rubber spatula to gently fold the two mixtures together, being sure not to over mix.
- Let the batter rest for at least 5 minutes before spooning onto the preheated griddle.
- Once the batter has rested - butter the griddle surface, turn up the heat to medium and spoon equal portions of the batter onto the griddle.
- Let the pancakes cook until the surface bubbles form, about 60 seconds, flip, let the second side cook for 40-60 seconds until the center is fully set.
- Keep warm in a 200º oven until ready to serve.