Maple Pop Tarts
Recipe by Mareh Bleecker
- Preheat the oven to 425° F
- Line a large baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Combine maple sugar, flour, salt, butter and maple syrup together until it forms a paste.
- Divide the filling onto 6 of the dough rectangles.
- Carefully wet the edges of the dough - promptly add to the top rectangle.
- Gently crimp the edges with a form and pierce the top of the tart with the fork 3 times to let the steam escape as it bakes.
- Place the tarts on the lined baking sheet.
- Make an egg wash by mixing the egg with a few drops of water.
- Brush the egg wash over the top of the tarts and bake for 15-25 minutes (depending on your choice of dough!) or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- When the tarts are almost cool, spread a small amount of maple cream over the top and sprinkle with a little flaky salt* and let cool completely.
- *sale is optional, but totally delicious!