Maple Mascarpone Whipped Cream and Chocolate Stout Cake Parfaits
1 hour 30 minutes
Maple mascarpone whipped cream and decadent chocolate may now be my favorite dessert combination! Both of these recipes should definitely be saved in your collection. I’ve combined them to create individual dessert parfaits for when something other than a frosted cake suits the occasion.
- ¼ cup (4 ounces) mascarpone
- ½ cup heavy cream (whipping cream)
- 2 Tablespoons Ben’s Maple Syrup - plus more for serving
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups of butter
- 2 cups stout beer
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Maple Mascarpone Whipped Cream Ingredients
Chocolate Stout Cake Ingredients
Maple Mascarpone Whipped Cream Directions
- Combine the mascarpone cream, Ben’s Maple Syrup, and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer and whip on high until soft peaks form.
- Soft peaks are when you can hold the whisk upside down and the peak of cream flops over on itself.
- You can use this right away or store it up to two days covered and refrigerated. You may want to whip it slightly again if storing more than a day, be careful not to over whip.
Chocolate Stout Cake Directions
- Butter and parchment either a 9x13 or two 8 inch round pans. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt the butter in the beer in a saucepan over medium heat by stirring and bring to a simmer.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the cocoa powder.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- In a mixing bowl beat together the eggs, sour cream, and vanilla until smooth.
- Beating on low speed, slowly pour the butter beer into the egg mixture.
- Add the flour mixture into the mixture one cup at a time, folding and stirring by hand. Do not over mix.
- Pour the batter into the cake pans and bake 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let cool 15 minutes before removing from pans.
- Cut the cake into small squares.
- Layer first some cake, maple mascarpone whipped cream, Ben’s Maple Syrup.
- Repeat layering.
- Serve and enjoy!