Maple Caramel Sauce Recipe
This will keep in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. Maple adds a delicious twist to the average caramel sauce. Use it to top ice cream, in your next latte, or as a dip for apples. Enjoy!
- ¼ cup Sugar
- ¼ cup Maple Syrup
- ¼ culiquid (Cream, Apple Cider)
- 1 tablespoon Milk
- 4 tablespoons Butter
- ¾ Tsp Salt
- ½ Tsp Vanilla
- Make a dry caramel by melting sugar in a heavy bottomed saucepan, once the sugar begins to melt, carefully stir with a heat proof spatula until the sugar turns to a rich caramel color - this should take 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and carefully pour in Maple Syrup and stir until combined.
- Place the pan back on the heat and let boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in cream and milk.
- This will steam and bubble up - step back until the steam dissipates.
- Stir to bring the mixture together.
- Add butter, salt and vanilla and stir until fully combined.
- Let the caramel cool at least 25 mins before using.