Rated 5.0 stars by 1 users
Nothing beats a BLT with fresh vine ripened tomatoes except a BLT made with home made Maple Mayonnaise and crispy sweet and salty Maple Bacon!
- 2 free range egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 ¼ cups Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ lemon
- Salt to taste
- Dry, medium sliced bacon is best for this.
- Ben’s maple syrup
- Using an immersion blender or medium sized bowl and a whisk, combine and blend the egg yolks, maple syrup, Dijon mustard, vinegar, and salt. Blend for 60 seconds or whisk until frothy.
- Add in olive oil one tablespoon at a time while whisking vigorously or blending. Do this for the first ¼ cup of oil so that the mixture emulsifies and becomes creamy. You can then add the remaining oil in a very slow stream while blending or whisking alternately.
- Once fully blended add salt and lemon to taste.
- Add mayonnaise to a clean jar with a lid and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Line a baking or sheet tray with foil. Use a tray with sides to catch the grease. Use a resting rack to lay the bacon on, this will help get maximum crispiness. Brush or spray the rack with oil to keep bacon from sticking.
- Lay the bacon down flat without it overlapping.
- Brush both of the sides generously with maple syrup.
- Bake for 15-30 minutes (depends on the thickness of your bacon) turning once if needed. If your bacon looks to be burning lower the oven temperature to 325 degrees F.
- When cooked to crisp remove the tray from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes to allow maple syrup to harden.
- Assemble your BLT using your favorite toasted bread, vine ripened tomatoes, and crisp lettuce.